Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tuesday • Travel to Palmerston North

Tuesday we flew to Palmerston North, a small town inland on the North Island.  There is nothing particularly notable about the city, and I was told it didn’t have any especially interesting scenery and was generally considered rather windy.  So, I thought I would be able to catch up on emails and blogs.  However, my afternoon was entirely consumed by the charming nine children of a doctor’s family who hosted me. Therefore, I spent the rest of the day telling jokes, talking about America, giving pro bono violin lessons and being climbed on by an eight year-old boy. All in all it was a delightful respite from the rigors of seminars and travel, and an excellent excuse for having got no real work done.  In the picture you see the view of Palmerston North from their deck.

No comments: